Monday, May 28, 2012

I know, I know.  It's been four days since I've had an update, but as you're about to see there really hasn't been much need for one.  I've been keeping a chart of my tank's progress through the cycle.  Here it is:


And that's all I've got.  The ammonia levels went down, down, down, then WAY back up.  Now it is on it's way back down again.  The nitrates I'm happy to say are gradually going up.  As they go up I'm sure the ammonia will have no choice to go down.  I have no idea why it is so crazy, and no one on the forums really has a good answer to the 'why' question.  I'm just going with the flow for now.  If the growth of the Nitrites stops, or goes down, and the ammonia goes up again I'm going to do a water change. 
I tell ya I really didn't know just how much patience it takes to have an aquarium, and do it the right way. 

On Day 12. 

No comments:

Post a Comment