Wednesday, May 30, 2012

  Well there is some good news.  The nitrites are exactly where they need to be, and the nitrates aren't bad either.  Now if I could just get the ammonia to cooperate we'd be good.  It's starting to really get on my nerves, but there is still time. 

  According to my reading most tanks take three weeks to cycle completely.  This is day 14 so I've still got 7 more to go before I can really start getting angry.  Haha. 

  We bought the background for the display tank, and installed it.  It looks really nice.  We decided to go with a plain black to match the substrate.  The black on black really makes the colors of the plants pop, and I'm sure it will do wonders for the fish colors when they finally make it in. 

  We also got a gravel vac for when we do our water changes.  That'll make things much easier.  For some reason I have some algae growing on the wood.  Not much, and I'm hoping it stays that way.  At least until I get some bottom feeders in there. 

  While we were at the pet stores we looked at possible candidates for a quarantine tank.  I guess we're just going to go with a 10g and buy all the stuff that goes with it separate.  PetLand wouldn't give me any used media for some reason which gets on my nerves.  So I guess I'm just going to have to wait until my display tank cycles completely to finish up with the quarantine tank. 

  Anyway, the fact that the nitrites have peaked is encouraging.  I'll be jumping for joy as soon as the ammonia starts to work for me. 

Later readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment