Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Small Beginnings

Welcome to my new blog!

I've never actually kept up with a blog before. and I've had a few.  Haha, maybe this will be a first.

I've decided to start this blog, because I'm about to undertake a project that I'm very excited about.  I'm getting a new fish tank!  Yes, people who know me know that I've had fish tanks before, and that I even have a small one now.  The difference this time will be the effort I put into it, the size of it, and my general knowledge about it.

Here is what I know so far:
1. I want a tank that is 20 gallons or larger.
2. The tank will be fresh water, tropical.
3. I will be using sand as my substrate.
4. I will use live plants.
5. Fancy Guppies will be my main species.
6. I will be using ghost shrimp, and cory catfish as my waste eaters.

That's about it... Lol!

I have a lead on a 55 gallon tank for only $40!  I am currently waiting on a friend to get back to me with more info.  I've got my fingers crossed though.  I really couldn't hope for a better deal than that.  I just hope that the tank is in good condition and with a lid.

With a tank that large I might try my Betta in with the others.  I know, I know probably not a good idea, but don't worry.  If something didn't work out I'd put the Betta back in his own tank.  I'd really love to be able to use his tank as a fry (baby guppies) tank.  I may end up just getting a trap tank though.

I'll leave it at that for now.  I look forward to learning with you!


Above is my Betta tank.  Anyone have any name ideas???


No comments:

Post a Comment